Eight Askernish is an authentic early 20thC Hebridean crofter’s cottage, renovated and maintained to 21stC requirements.
Accommodation is for up to four (plus infants) in two bedrooms – one double and one twin. Children are welcome! Well-behaved pets are also welcome!
Eight Askernish is set in a quiet crofting township on the Atlantic coast of South Uist amidst lapwings, hen harriers, short-eared owls, and for much of the year an abundance of wild flowers.
The cottage is well placed for the hills, glens and fishing lochs of the east, and just a few minutes from miles and miles of quiet lanes and off-road cycling along the sandy machair tracks and beaches of the Atlantic shore. The world-famous – yet still uncommercialized – Askernish links golf-course is at the end of the lane. It’s a short drive or cycle ride to shops and hotel (bar, restaurant) at Daliburgh.
- Kitchen with breakfast bar
- Sitting Room with wood-burning stove
- Double Bedroom ; Twin Bedroom
- Bathroom with shower
- Other Features ⇒
- Electric heating throughout.- electricity included
- Local maps and guides, books, board games etc
- Living room : freeview terrestrial TV ; DVD player , radio ; CD player ; extensive digital music collection
- Kitchen : oven, ceramic hob with extractor hood, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine, tumble dryer, microwave, toaster, full complement of small appliances and cookware.
- Bathroom : electric shower over bath ; heated towel rail
- Outside : picnic bench ; drying green ; fully fenced garden with ample private parking by house
- Free Wi-Fi internet access ; good 2G mobile phone coverage
- Babies/Toddlers welcome – cot, highchair free on request
- All bed-linen, towels, cleaning materials etc included
- Wheel-chair accessible, with assistance.
Please call us (01878 700828) to discuss requirements
- Eight Askernish is a no-smoking property.